I’ve got a Communications and Theater BS, and a Creative Writing MFA.
The 70th Annual Philadelphia Writers’ Conference awarded me the Mabel Love Memorial Scholarship and Chicago Dramatists gave me the M.E.H. Lewis Memorial Fund Scholarship.
I’m the daughter of a cultural anthropologist, the retired education director of the Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History, and the FCC’s retired deputy managing director so communications is in my blood. My grandfather, sister and aunts are teachers and principals so education is a family value.
I grew up outside the Beltway, have lived in London, Amsterdam, and the Bay Area, have taught and performed in Edinburgh and around the Americas, and was a China/Taiwan Global Technology Scholar. I spent Y2K in Buenos Aires, and now I’m a Windy City culture vulture. I like dogs and cats, yoga and weight lifting, acting and activism, as well as narrative nonfiction, natch.
I’m a spokesperson and a SAG-AFTRA actor (hence headshots!). I speak to students and professionals about public relations and media marketing:
- DePaul University, “Careers in Public Relations and Advertising”
- Roosevelt University, annual fall “Theater Public Relations” lecture
- North Park University, media writing lectures
- James Madison University, “Theater and Public Relations”
- San José State University, School of Journalism/Mass Communications, arts public relations lectures
- Public Narrative (formerly Community Media Workshop), “Arts Promotion Toolkit” and “Making Media Connections”
- Arts Management Project at the Athenaeum, “Critics Choice: Developing Media Relationships That Get You Covered” and “Marketing Tips You Can Use”
- Fernwork Arts Incubator, “PR for the Arts” and “How to Talk About Your Work”
- WGN Radio, notable documentary recommendations
- WDCB’s The Arts Section, harassment awareness (19:10-25:47)
- Four You talk show host and producer
- ShakesBEERience reader
- Chicago Public Radio, “Theater Public Relations and Marketing” –
Let’s communicate: email@example.com, 773-458-0581